Tuesday 10 August 2010

Embarrassing Moment

Okay, so this is only embarrassing because I never get homesick - I attribute this to a couple of things, including the fact that I haven't lived in one place continually for more than nine months in the past seven years, or the fact that I've never lost a friend or family member and still think of the universe as a place where everybody is around when you finally make your way back to them. I can psychoanalyze this to bits.

I can also psychoanalyze the fact that I just heard "Any Dream Will Do" from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and became cripplingly homesick for the first time that I can remember. Like, why am I here, and why would I ever give up those Tuesdays singing with Brady at Marie's kind of homesick. It's a scary feeling when you think you're immune to it. And I hate that of all the things in my life that could make me feel that way, it was Andrew Lloyd Webber who did it.

2 comments:

Mikey said...

it is always valid and advisable to blame Andrew Lloyd Weber. ALWAYS

Unknown said...

Well, I have to hijack this thread to send you this link. And homesick will be the topic after you see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-NksDSgKZ8