Saturday 10 May 2008

Dancing Queen

After last night's hip-hop bop in Hertford (the last of the year, now that the entz ban has gone into effect and we're not allowed to throw parties that might disrupt exams), I bounced out of bed this morning, picked up a somewhat gross amount of coffee at Starbucks, and then walked down to Ginger's dance competition at Iffley. I made it early enough to get front-row seats for the ballroom portion, and then joined up with everyone else for the Latin portion and all of the jiving and cha-chaing that that entails. I don't know how it ended up, but I do know that Ginger can dance like a mofo. And watching it made me want to take up dance next year - mostly because I'd have an excuse to wax my chest and wear tight bellbottoms and get approving nods for it. It's the best sport ever!

And now I'm off to the Rhodes Ball, which is the final event of my Trinity Term social calendar. After this, the hardcore studying starts - for that reason, I plan to pay no attention to the little voice that tells me when I'm making inappropriate conversation, eat one of everything at the dessert buffet, treat the dance floor like I would at Baby Love, and generally behave like a child. Yay!

No comments: