Monday 19 May 2008

It's Quiet. Too Quiet.

You know when things seem to go perfectly and you get a sneaking suspicion that something is about to go horribly, horribly wrong? Today's shaping up to be one of those days, to the point that I'm having a hard time sitting back and enjoying it. I just got an email from Blackwell's saying that they ordered all my textbooks for my course this summer, and it appears that I might be working with researchers at a university in Manila and won't just have to wing it when I do my fieldwork this summer. Abby dropped by my room the other day to give me a can of minestrone from Marks and Spencer just because, and I just ate it with toast and it was delicious. They had free samples of chocolate chunk shortbread at Starbucks today. Days like today are the only times when I start to irrationally fear snipers.

No comments: