Friday 12 December 2008

Tundra: 1, Ryan: 0

Well, it looks like my retreat is being cut short and I'm driving back in the morning to beat the blizzard that's sweeping western Minnesota and eastern North Dakota tomorrow night. I didn't really write anything, but I did read all of The Trouble With Normal, No Future, Global Sex, and Filipino Social Organization, so that's an accomplishment. (I also introduced my grandpa to couscous and helped my grandma decorate the Christmas tree for the first time in about eighteen years, which are accomplishments of a different kind. Like, they're awesomer.)

I was just about to type that it'll be nice to have wifi again, but then my grandpa walked into the office and plunked down a glass of Bailey's. So scratch that, I have zero desire to cut this short.

No comments: