Sunday 30 March 2008

Rock and Roll

So the conference ended yesterday, which means that I've delivered myself into Aviva's hands for the rest of my break in Mexico. There are a ton of things I love about Aviva, but one of the things I especially love is that we skip dull moments and get right to the good part, and she does that better than just about anyone I know. Yesterday, we spontaneously decided to go see the National (who were AWESOME) and Broken Social Scene (who were PRETTY GOOD), and since we didn't get back until 3am, I woke up in Aviva's bed and had to totter back to the Centro Historico with vertical hair to check out of my hotel. We met up again in the afternoon to talk about Israel, gay gentrification, and eugenics over a vegetarian lunch at an Indian place in Polanco, then went out tonight to a barbecue in Santa Fe. (I had a burger, but I also grilled a banana and that was delicious.) The house we were at had an amazing view of Mexico City, and I sort of kicked myself for not having a camera, but only sort of because it was dark and it would have just been a blurry mess. Instead, we just sat back and watched the fireworks that someone was setting off across town, which were lovely. We weren't really sure why there were fireworks, but that made it even better.

No comments: