Sunday 9 March 2008

Up, Up, and Away (and Away, and Away, and then Back, and then Away)

A bunch of Team Hertford went out for tapas tonight at Kazbar on the Cowley Road, and then I got together with a bunch of Team America to say a quick bon voyage before we all go off for our fairly ridiculous breaks. (I know someone who may or may not be in Shanghai buying art at the moment - I don't know if this is true or not, but it was the highlight of my day.) I know my travel plans are insane, but I spent the better part of the past eight weeks sitting at this desk writing essays, so I refuse to feel bad about that. When you're reading journal articles on Saturday at 11pm and drinking generic, supermarket-brand instant coffee, it turns out that you don't only end up socially stunted, you end up with an awesome balance in your bank account. I think I could grow fond of this working hard and playing hard thing.

Anyway, I'm off to Israel, then Mexico, then the US, then back to Oxford, then to Croatia with Emma. I might not be online a whole lot over the vacation, but I'll at least try to get pictures posted. Photoblogging is my refuge when I'm too lazy to do anything besides snapping photos because I've worn myself out by actually leaving my desk. What can I say, the world is an overwhelming place.

No comments: