Monday 28 April 2008

Number Six With a Bullet

I shouldn't be this proud of myself, but I filled in for a missing rower in the women's boat tonight AND I did it with fifteen minutes' notice AND I pulled it off in a pair of size 4 jeans from Express that really don't allow a very wide range of athletic motion (or boyish discretion, period) AND I didn't crash the boat or fall out of it, even when I somehow managed to get my oar caught behind me and I was pretty sure I was going to be forcibly ejected onto the really nice girl who kept whispering what I was supposed to be doing. I did spin around too fast and nailed a rower from Mansfield in the stomach with my oar, but that was after I got out of the boat and was feeling good about my latent athleticism. Whatever, the important thing is that Abby paid me with a bag of watermelon Jolly Ranchers.

No comments: