Thursday 24 April 2008

Springtime!

Well, so much for my pretending that I don't have work to do. I've been on a book-a-day kick for the past week, and read Paul Rabinow's Reflections on Fieldwork in Morocco, Gerd Baumann's Contesting Culture, and (currently) Lila Abu-Lughod's Writing Women's Worlds. Unfortunately, I just got essay topics and reading lists from both of my professors, meaning that all of that is postponed until after I've churned out four essays in the next two weeks.

The downside is that I probably can't afford to kill time sitting on the grass in the courtyard (which we're only allowed to do during Trinity Term, making it obligatory even though the lawn is uncomfortable and usually wet and I kind of prefer the benches) and trying all 200 flavors of milkshakes at Moo Moos. Incidentally, that's how Abby and I (and a bunch of undergraduates who kept inadvertently flashing their underwear at us) spent yesterday afternoon. (I guess the upside to my exile to the library is that I won't be bloated, sunburned, or blinded by pastel tights, but you somehow take those things in stride during the first days of spring.)

No comments: