Sunday 4 May 2008

Cat Fancy

Since I'm trying (desperately) to live in North Oxford and not in the Graduate Centre next year, I spent the afternoon with R. Dave, Debs, and Mark touring houses. It was cute, and the houses were great - which means that if there isn't space in one of them and I do end up back in the Grad Centre, it's going to be that much more painful. (To put this in context, I described my green bedspread, red carpet, red and off-white furniture and multicolored, multipatterned blue, red, green, and yellow curtains to a friend of mine, and he commented that it sounded like a bag of Skittles had exploded and dried. This is what I'm trying to avoid for next year.)

On the way back, we stopped at Green's Cafe and got to talking about ROFLCon and memes, and it occurred to us at some point that cats are way overrepresented on the internet. Like, there are LOLcatz, Stuff On My Cat, social networking and cat profiles at Cat Fancy, and (in the worst of taste), Kitlers. We decided that this is because the Venn diagram of "people who own too many cats" and "people who spend too much time on the internet" is basically one enormous circle.

To remedy this, I've been repeatedly watching the video of the sleepy bear, which has been terrible for my productivity. Not just because I'm watching bears instead of proofreading this article, but because it makes me want to slowly fall asleep and mash my face into my laptop. Might have done that a couple times tonight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You clearly need infinite thought's lolpigs in your life.