Wednesday 14 May 2008

Stress, As Usual

If anyone wants to make my life easier, they could:

a) find cheap tickets to Manila from late July to late September,
b) tell me everything I need to know about structuralism,
c) find a guest lecturer for my course this summer, and
d) throw a birthday party so I have an excuse to eat ice cream.

Luckily, Ginger just turned 25 and made D. happen, and I spent part of the evening at G&Ds drowning my stress in Dime Bar ice cream and a cake from the Covered Market with a well-proportioned mermaid on the top. (It turns out that the mermaid was appropriate, since Ginger casually mentioned that she's swimming the Strait of Gibraltar this summer. She says things like this in roughly the same tone of voice I use to say that I'm breaking in a new pair of shoelaces.) And now, someone's camera has a video of me being handed a piece of mermaid's torso, tossing it into my mouth, and offhandedly commenting that breasts are soft and taste like marzipan. When this leaks onto the internet and destroys my career, I hope someone has the decency to edit in a shooting star and the "The More You Know" theme.

No comments: