Wednesday 15 October 2008

Important Life Lessons, October 13-19

It is surprisingly difficult (or, you know, flat-out impossible) to draw up a reading list on globalization, diffusion, gender, sexuality, social movements, the Philippines, transgenderism, domesticity, religion, urbanity, Marxism, poverty, and development - basically, the whole of anthropology. It turns out that there is a great deal of anthropology floating around nowadays, and while the upside is that I have about 100 sources for my thesis, the downside is that I don't think I'm supposed to have that many before reading or following up on the footnotes in any of them. And that I'm supposed to present this to my supervisor in like 48 hours.

(To procrastinate, I a) voted absentee, b) got tickets to see Jenny Lewis in London, and c) did my first obligatory night of bartending/clubbing for LGBTSoc yesterday. It was insanely packed, and by the end, there was so much alcohol spilled on my hands and forearms that I could have performed reasonably sterile surgery on someone on the bar.)

No comments: