Wednesday 11 March 2009

Another Procrastination Tool I Probably Do Not Need During What May Be the Most Pivotal Four Months of My Life

Whether I do the doctorate or not, it looks more and more likely that I'll be moving to New York or maybe DC in August. Exciting!

As a result, I'm becoming a Manhattan real estate junkie, and it does not help that things are getting crazy affordable in Midtown. If anyone has any leads on two bedroom apartments for under $2200, I will gladly stop focusing on civil society and governmentality to fantasize about floor plans and bathtubs and granite countertops for two hours. It's like when Aviva and I would look at the real estate section during our breaks at MTV, except this time I'm actually in the market to move someplace for a year and not a destitute intern getting peanut butter and jelly stains on my boss's copy of the New York Times. This is what we call growing up.

(I will still be eating peanut butter and jelly for all of next year, it's just that I'll be making it on a granite countertop.)

No comments: