Sunday 22 March 2009

You Can Take the Boy Out of RWing...

Because we'll be taking some overnight ferries and generally bopping around, my goal was to have everything transportable in a backpack so I wouldn't have to carry a duffel bag all over Greece. It's not like I have that much to take, and it'd make it infinitely easier to keep track of my stuff if I could just pretend to be a turtle for the week. I just finished packing, and I am suddenly apprehensive about this plan.

Backpacks are so much smaller than they look.

It all fits if I take a little day pouch for my books and my impossibly tiny camera, but barely. I thought about only bringing four days worth of clothes and then washing them at a laundromat (and by "laundromat" I probably mean "the sink in our apartment"), but this is my only respite until my thesis is due and I don't think it's too much to ask to have soft clothes and not develop soap leprosy during your vacation. So I'm going to throw caution and intelligence to the wind and just wing it with a backpack that I'm pretty sure is smaller than the one I had in elementary school, and when it breaks and I lose all of my possessions, it'll be fine because I could only fit like five things in there anyway. I love budget travel.

No comments: