Sunday 19 April 2009

A Quick Public Service Announcement Regarding Body Memory

David's still finishing an all-nighter before his draft is due tomorrow, and I'm (conveniently) using the fact that the kitchen is empty at 2am to try the flatbread recipe that Mark Bittman blogged about this weekend.

The recipe calls for you to pour the batter into a skillet and bake it in the oven for 45 minutes at 400 degrees. It's almost done, and I've now firmly grabbed the handle of the skillet THREE TIMES, burning the palm of my left hand severely all three times. I'm clearly not used to using skillets in the oven, because every time it's a mixture of pain and confusion as I try to figure out why the whole skillet is hot and then remember that I just baked it for FORTY-FIVE MINUTES. The saddest thing is that I did this twice in the span of a minute.

EDIT (1:49am): BABY MAKES FOUR.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. You are a true Son of Harvard.