Tuesday 12 May 2009

I'm Named After a God, You Know

Surprise! I'm flying to Norway tomorrow, and my department just gave us our essay topics a week in advance. We're going for a short vacation, except then I'm jetting back frantically on Sunday at like midnight and arriving in Oxford at dawn on Monday so I can be at my desk when the topics are released. I'd be really proud of myself for being so responsible and getting back just in time, except then my department threw me off by being nice and giving us the topics a week in advance. So basically, I will be half relaxing on a fjord and half writing about the crisis of representation from cafes in Oslo for the long weekend. The upside is that I'll have constant reminders of my primordial Viking awesomeness all around me. Vikings can do anything. It's in the Bible.

No comments: