Thursday 21 May 2009

The Other Shoe

I'm having one of those weeks where things are going so suspiciously well that something absolutely horrific is pretty much guaranteed to happen at any minute. I got back from Norway feeling all refreshed and optimistic, then got word that I was conditionally accepted into the doctoral program here and started laying the groundwork for my fieldwork next year in New York. (It'll be nice to be back because I also just found out that I was elected to the board of an organization that I love, and I'm really looking forward to not finishing any conference calls at 3am.) Operation: Stop Getting Fat is going well, and spent a solid hour at the gym every day this week. Tomorrow is my six-month anniversary with David. And I bought train tickets to go to Tarek's goodbye party in London on Saturday, when it is supposed to be 70 degrees and sunny.

Basically, I will either get food poisoning tonight or my train will derail this weekend. I'm actually thinking of throwing myself in front of a bicyclist or destroying my library books just to preempt the universe and sabotage my life myself.

EDIT: The dessert at dinner was possibly the best cheesecake with berry glaze that I've ever had. This just keeps getting worse and worse. Someone I love is probably going to die for this.

1 comment:

Russell K. said...

Wait, does that mean you won the HGLC election??