Tuesday 9 September 2008

A Change Would Do You Good

I did absolutely nothing today. I woke up at 10, found the door to the bathroom locked, and shuffled upstairs with my laptop in my tee-shirt and shorts for some papaya and coffee. I meant to do data entry, but then instead, I ended up on GChat having a way-overdue, emotionally involved conversation that lasted until about 2pm. And then I got up to wash out my mug after my fourth cup of coffee, and ended up talking in the kitchen with this woman who's from Thunder Bay, Minnesota (!) and has spent the past couple years teaching dance in Taiwan and is about to go to Canada to do a doctoral program in dance and "the evolution of consciousness." By the time I finally showered and brushed my teeth, it was after 3pm. I almost just called the day a bust, but I managed to walk to the mall and pick up groceries, which felt semi-productive. But then my horoscope in the Inquirer said to take a breather - and my horoscope in the Philippines has been freakishly accurate, to the point where I'm trying to find a way to consult it from the UK when I get back so I'll know how to live my life - so I did. I'm picked up a knot of ginger and made ginger tea for my throat, and I'm hoping that a good night's sleep, ginger tea, and trying to commit myself to honesty and emotional maturity will kill this cold by tomorrow.

No comments: