Wednesday 5 May 2010

My Life Would Be Easier if OCS Had Done This Six Years Ago

Tonight, I skipped the Time 100 - literally five minutes from my apartment, with an invitation from my roommate - to go hear a paper on historiography and social justice in post-apartheid South Africa and Israel. I didn't think twice about that until I saw the clip of the red carpet on the news tonight, and I still feel like I chose wisely.

Plus, it makes me feel better about the fact that I already know that Miley Cyrus' new single, "Can't Be Tamed," will eventually be the ringtone on my phone. I also hate that people are like, "this video is way too sexualized for Miley Cyrus," and my first reaction was "this is the first thing Miley Cyrus has done that I don't have to feel creepy or ashamed for watching."

Some people grow up and regret not becoming a celebrity or athlete, and I'm like, whew, thank goodness I'm on my way to becoming a legal anthropologist. I really dodged a bullet there.

No comments: