Saturday 1 May 2010

Flea Markets + Desserts = My Utopia

Since David just finished his thesis and I just launched into my last month of fieldwork, we're celebrating by making this a (relatively) low-key weekend in New York. Yesterday, we went to one of the last screenings at Tribeca with a couple of friends of mine, and spent today sleeping in and making banana pancakes, going to the market at Lincoln Center for strawberry rhubarb pies, wandering through Central Park to the Guggenheim for a date, and then coming back and making ridiculously heavy black bean and potato empanadas and generally vegging out in front of the TV. I'm kind of glad we didn't pick up dessert, because tomorrow is the New York Gourmet Food Truck Bazaar at the Hell's Kitchen Flea Market, and I plan to eat my weight in desserts from the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck. Honestly, being vegetarian is about the only thing that will keep me from gorging myself until I barf. That, and depriving myself of solid food from now until then.

No comments: