Saturday 15 May 2010

A Time to Binge, A Time to Purge

Today was the 9th Avenue fair, and Brady, David, Lee, Leah and I spent a good chunk of the afternoon hyperactively flitting from stall to stall, eating fig and mascarpone in phyllo dough, guava and cheese and spinach and cheese empanadas, tofu and corn fritters, fried Oreos, and green tea cupcakes, and then iced coffee for the walk back up 9th Avenue. It was very kid-in-a-candy-store, if by "kid" you mean "graduate student" and by "candy store" you mean "Whole Foods."

Spelling all of that out is actually making me fairly nauseous, and the only thing militating against that is the idea that I'll be walking for god knows how far tomorrow at the AIDS Walk. If you want to sponsor me, you can donate by clicking here. I'd like to say there's still time, but the sad fact is that it's well-known that I'm a dismal fundraiser. I'm a much better walker.

No comments: