Wednesday 13 February 2008

The Body in Pain

I pulled off another double-essay week this week, and breathed a huge sigh of relief when I remembered that my reading list for tutorial has a scant four readings on sites of memory next week. And that means that I can totally play catch-up on things like socialization and sleep, which would be a welcome change. You can tell that I need sleep because my hair is falling out onto my pillow and keyboard, which only happens when I'm particularly exhausted and stressed. Also, my coffee mug is probably radioactive because I wash it by filling it with new coffee, in the hopes that I'll just sort of drink the residue and it'll basically clean itself in the process. I don't think it does, and it occurs to me that I have the common sense of a five year old.

Anyway, I whipped out the reading list in the hopes that I could finish it off by this weekend, and realized that the easy week is the week after next. Instead, I've got seventeen readings on the body to do by Tuesday, including two books in their entirety and a bunch of articles from medical journals. Maybe they'll tell me why I'm shedding, or how long it will take for fossilized aspertame and instant coffee to kill me in my sleep. Anthropology is magic.

No comments: