Wednesday 27 February 2008

In Which I Sleep Through an Earthquake

I've been told that there was an earthquake yesterday at about one o'clock in the morning, which was approximately fifteen minutes after I crawled into bed post-bartending and fell asleep. And somehow, even though Erika and Jessica could feel their beds shaking as the building trembled, I just slumbered right through it. It's not like this is new. Once, I woke up and pulled my knees up to my chest and told Lee that it kept me from falling back asleep, and then promptly fell asleep on my back in a sort of stylized fetal position. Still, sleeping through an earthquake is certainly a new twist. I could try a hat trick with a fire alarm and a riot and see if I'm completely disaster-proof, but I might wait on that for a while.

No comments: