Sunday 3 February 2008

Things You Occasionally Forget

- One of my favorite things in the entire world is two-hour brunches, especially with people you think are fantastic. Now that I remember why this is, I hope all of my friends don't mind when I insist that we go out for pancakes EVERY DAY when I visit in April.

- Always write down library call numbers before you go to the library on the off-chance that the internet (and card catalogue) inexplicably crash right after you've spent thirty minutes trudging through the cold to the library. Especially when you know the book is somewhere in the stacks, ready to be checked out and quietly laughing at you.

- Sometimes, the things that they write on the back of wine bottles are totally asinine, and don't tell you anything about the wine at all. When a wine is described as "refreshingly acidic," though, that's a clue that you probably shouldn't buy two bottles of it.

- Did you know that you can make eggs in the microwave? I totally just learned that on Saturday night, and it's among the best fifty seconds I think I've ever spent staring in awe at a microwave.

No comments: