Monday 25 February 2008

Take Your Mama Out

Of all of the much-needed vacations that I have coming up over the break, I'm most looking forward to the Thursday in April when I'm taking my mom to Embassy to go clubbing for the night. Back in the day, Brady and I took her to the I-Beam in Fargo and were trying to explain the differences to her between that bar (largely empty, lots of neon, clouds of cigarette smoke, Toby Keith, a popcorn machine) and places like Embassy where we went in Boston (packed shoulder to shoulder, go-go dancers, drinks we can't afford to consume in threes and fours, hip-hop, a distinct lack of popcorn), and we basically just concluded that they were in no way alike. So I promised to take her to Embassy, and now I'm supposed to deliver. And both of us are way more excited than we should be.

2 comments:

Chris Coia said...

I think Embassy is closed!

Ryan said...

Wow. After learning that, that post couldn't possibly be any more depressing.