Saturday 16 February 2008

Lazy Afternoon

What do you get when you stay up until 2:30am finishing a paper on sexual minorities in international law? Lazy! I did manage to make it to the gym and to Sainsbury's before it inevitably devolves into a war zone (like, if you go to get skim milk after about 6pm, the shelves look like they've been lifted from the set of "Twister" and you leave empty-handed). So far, so good. But after reading one article, I looked around and shrugged and spent my entire afternoon napping, watching the L Word, reading celebrity gossip blogs, and shopping for music (not leaving my room, of course, just doing it on iTunes). I only stopped when I noticed that it's getting dark outside, and I'm supposed to run the Queer Studies Circle solo tonight because Milos has a cold.

The best part of the day is that I spent my lazy time sabotaging the productivity of my evening by suggesting to a bunch of friends that we veg out in our building tonight and continue doing nothing. I get the sense that red wine and Mystery Science Theater 3000 aren't the best start to a productive spell. Then again, apparently, neither is going to the gym, running errands, or starting your work. Whatevs, it's Saturday, and this is supposed to be normal. It's just that this is the first afternoon I've taken off all term. And actually, maaaybe that should give me pause.

No comments: