Tuesday 22 July 2008

Haven't Got Time for the Pain

Speaking of equal and opposite reactions, I got the last shot in my rabies vaccination today and it's kicking my ass - I have a headache, I'm stuffed up, and all the flu-like symptoms that the nurse warned about are finally showing up. Worse, I paid ninety pounds to get them.

On the upside, I found a place to stay in Manila, wired an absurdly large sum of money to my account in the US so I can pay off all of my student loans, and received an official copy of my exam results, which got a distinction. Even better, I got the go-ahead to do a magazine article that's been kicking around in my brain for a while, and that totally made my day.

Since being a teacher is just this glamorous, I'm off to celebrate by turning off my lights, inhaling steam, and kicking back with a Horlicks and Motrin cocktail. It's not that it hits the spot, but I guess it hits a spot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats on everything.I guess this blog will soon be a "thriller in Manila". Can't wait to read your tropical and mosquito-bitten updates.

I also just read the Getty obit, and my favorite part about it was that Blanche was the article's go-to commenter.