Tuesday 29 July 2008

T Minus... I Have No Idea What Time Zone I'm In Anymore, And My Body Clock is So Messed Up That I Think I'm Eating a Cinnamon Roll for Dinner

(I'm in Abu Dhabi! And it's hot like whoa! My glasses fogged when I got off the plane in a very sharp contrast from Oxford, which could generously be called autumnal at this time of year.)

I'm in remarkably high spirits after regaining confidence that Everything Will Be Okay, possibly boosted by the fact that I haven't suffered through a red eye flight or had to navigate a sprawling metropolis quite yet. I suspect this will change by tomorrow, but for the moment, I'm going to try to keep riding that rare feeling where I'm both looking forward to the next two months and looking forward to what comes after the next two months. I wish there are drugs that could replicate that feeling. There might be, actually, and I think they're called Xanax, but you know what I mean.

No comments: