Monday 28 July 2008

T Minus 24 Hours...

I packed early for what might be the first time in my life, and it sucks. (I was forced into it, because I had to drop off everything I wanted to keep at Hertford by the time the scouts finished cleaning this morning.) I've started apartment hunting in Manila, and my entries might be a tiny bit sparse until I can find a place that's a) clean, b) cheap, and c) close to my field site and the university I'm working with. (I'm going to guess that it'll be approximately two days before I abandon two and possibly three of these criteria for the sake of having a permanent address in the Philippines.) Even better than being packed early, I managed to fit everything into one suitcase. I know, up is down and nothing will ever make sense again. (I packed my favorite granola bars and muesli, a jar of coffee, and my Blackwell's mug because I'm worried that I'm going to be overwhelmed at the beginning and familiar breakfast is apparently my adult equivalent of a security blanket.)

No comments: