Wednesday 16 January 2008

Big Brother Is Appalled By My Work Ethic

According to the Times, Microsoft has filed a terrifying patent application for software that would use wireless sensors to monitor an employee's "heart rate, galvanic skin response, EMG, brain signals, respiration rate, body temperature, movement facial movements, facial expressions and blood pressure" and notify employers about their productivity, stress, and well-being. How scary is that? If that system existed ten years ago, there is no way that I'd have been admitted to any sort of academic or professional program, because I possess the attention span of a five year old and maintain a stress level that could very possibly kill a lesser person. The upside to all of this is that I'm probably not at risk from any sort of monitoring system, because I would very likely crash it.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Does the Microsoft invention involve an anal probe?