Friday 18 January 2008

The Bus to London Mix Tape

I realized today that in the many, many mostly-British songs that I added to my iPod in December, there's an extraordinarily high number of covers that aren't necessarily good but are by good bands covering other good bands. If you want to assemble it yourself, this is the mix that I'll be listening to on the way to London:

Walking with a Ghost (Tegan and Sara) by the White Stripes
Love Machine (Girls Aloud) by the Arctic Monkeys
Take Me Out (Franz Ferdinand) by Scissor Sisters
Heart of Glass (Blondie) by Nouvelle Vague
L-O-V-E (Nat King Cole) by Joss Stone
Will You Love Me Tomorrow (The Shirelles) by Amy Winehouse
Mrs. Robinson (Simon & Garfunkel) by The Lemonheads

If you'll excuse me, I need to rapidly throw a bottle of wine and a change of underwear into a bag and catch my bus.

1 comment:

TheDreamer said...

Love Machine (Girls Aloud) by the Arctic Monkeys is amazingly good, particularly the bit where they all crack up laughing towards the end...