Monday 14 January 2008

The Eastern European Light at the End of the Tunnel

I just used the phrase "our big Croatian vacation," and I plan to use it every day until Emma and I leave in April. Remember when we went to San Francisco and I outperformed Emma at the lesbian bar by drinking beer and shooting pool and curbing my urge to play Kelly Clarkson on the jukebox? It's going to be just like that, except instead of spending our days walking around the Mission and eating sushi, we're going to be hiking up the Dalmatian Coast.

Oh, right. Emma and I are tentatively planning to vacation in Croatia, and also Slovenia because I'm being difficult. I plan to take a ridiculous amount of pictures.

1 comment:

Marcel said...

I thought that I was past the phase in my life where I romanticized hostels as heterotopian spaces where transcontinental friendships were instantly kindled.

But there's this hostel in Ljubljana that actually made me feel like a cooler human being, and made me want to pour out my heart to a Spanish rastafarian. It's called Hostel Celica, and it used to be a prison.

I'm glad you're being difficult about Slovenia. You'll be glad you were.