Tuesday 29 January 2008

Still Bill

I read this article on Politico this morning about how Democrats in Washington are backlashing against Bill Clinton's behavior over the past two weeks, and I noticed a couple of things:

1. I had totally forgotten that my senator, Kent Conrad, endorsed Obama like twenty years ago.
2. I'm with the author's wife; I'm voting for Obama in the primaries because I think the Clintons basically answered his (occasionally overstated) criticisms of divisive and off-putting politics-as-usual by demonstrating precisely how divisive and off-putting politics-as-usual can be. Congratulations, my demographic. You win.
3. All of this confirms my growing suspicion that I like the Clintons best when they're not on top and they're humanized, whether this is Bill Clinton talking about disaster relief or Hillary Clinton on the stump post-Iowa and pre-New Hampshire. They're awesome then.
4. WHO WOULD NAME THEIR CHILD GREG CRAIG. IT RHYMES.

No comments: