Monday 9 February 2009

Beep Beep

I'm slowly and painfully putting together a Powerpoint presentation on my thesis for the rest of the MPhil candidates tomorrow, and I kind of underestimated how much backtracking it would take to put it all together. (I hate Powerpoint, and all of my presentations end up looking marginally more professional than if I would have just bought a box of Crayolas and construction paper and made it myself. This is my least favorite thing to do, ever.)

The upside is that I was dreading revisiting the first three chapters I handed into my supervisor, which I haven't really looked through since I handed them in half-consciously about five minutes before each of my deadlines. It turns out they're kind of awesome, and they actually make a linear argument. (I'm as surprised as anyone.) That doesn't mean that I won't be up all night trying to put them into a logical order, type up a script, and illustrate it with fun pictures, but it is kind of encouraging that I apparently do my best work when I'm frantic and not necessarily awake.

No comments: