Monday 23 February 2009

Where Pop Culture, Anthropology, and Feminist and Queer Theory Collide

The Oscars are like my golden opportunity every year to furiously scribble a bunch of pieces about the politicization of pop culture for marginalized groups. I wrote a quick post for Agendered on the topic, and today, I have a (better) piece in the Oxonian Review of Books about Milk and the future of the LGBT movement in the US.

(I realized that the ORB launched today because I got a Google Alert, and this is when it pays to narcissistically set up Google Alerts for yourself. It's also helpful when you suddenly get a barrage of reactionary comments on a piece in a progressive magazine and are totally floored until you find out that your piece was linked by WorldNetDaily. Flattering.)

No comments: