Thursday 7 August 2008

If All Else Fails, I'm Penciling in a Cockfight

I had my first interview with an activist this afternoon, and things like whether it was a "success" or "dismal failure" are irrelevant, for three reasons:

1. It happened. If everything else fails miserably, I have an honest-to-goodness interaction to think about that gave me a way better grip on what I'm doing and raised a bajillion questions to consider. (And so while it doesn't technically matter, IT WAS A SUCCESS!)
2. For it to happen, I had to tackle the Yellow Line, the Purple Line, and the MRT, take a jeepney to the University of the Philippines in Quezon City and find a cafe that I was unable to find on a map (but bravely/stupidly agreed to meet at anyway), then caught a cab, a jeepney, and the MRT and the Yellow Line back to the guesthouse.
3. The cafe has awesome carrot cake. :/

No comments: