Saturday 30 August 2008

Good Morning, Manila

I'm back in Manila after a whirlwind end of the week - on Thursday, I went into the mountains outside of Cebu for a gay beauty pageant until 2am, went directly to the airport for a flight to Cagayan de Oro and - upon landing - started interviewing members of a group from a nearby town, skulking around the night market in Divisoria, and not getting beheaded or shot in cold blood all day Friday, then got a few hours of sleep before flying back to Manila on Saturday for a forum on trans issues in the Philippines. A bunch of the women invited me to hang out afterwards - and they were a blast, which is why I just got back. Now it's technically Sunday and 4am, and I should sleep, except that I forgot to buy groceries and (worse than that) deodorant, shaving cream, and shampoo to replace the set I threw out in my last hotel to make room for my books. That means I have to go to the mall first thing in the morning, which, at this rate, will probably be sometime in the mid-afternoon.

No comments: