Tuesday 26 August 2008

Welcome to Cebu, Now Go To Hell

Boo, coming from Palawan to Cebu is hard. Yesterday, I woke up at 6:30 and spent the day island-hopping and snorkling in Honda Bay. I saw angelfish and coral reefs and played with starfish and got the worst sunburn I've ever had in my entire life. I ate a bluefin tuna and shrimp and rice with my bare hands, and for dinner, I went to KaLui and took off my shoes and had another fish, with oyster soup, seaweed salad. fried camote, and shredded vegetables, with a half-melon full of fruit for a (complimentary) dessert. Aside from my sunburn, which was already painful by the time I went to bed, it was perfect.

Today, I had breakfast in a cafe that was approximately 100 degrees, caught a flight and paid like four times too much for a taxi from the airport to the YMCA, found that the dorm reservation I'd made wasn't made and they only had doubles available, found a fairly low-budget pensionne that didn't even make the Rough Guide's cut, and then ate something involving green beans and what turned out to maybe be pig's ears for lunch thinking that the ears were vegetables.

I want my island vacation back.

No comments: